BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas and New Years

My Christmas break was absolutely perfect. I was able to take a full week off of work and my parents flew Phill and I to California. I've missed them so much and it was nice to relax and enjoy that time with them. We got to do some hiking along the beach, go to Redding for my cousin's reception, take the dogs to the dog beach, explore lovers point, enjoy the Monterey aquarium, cannery row, eat my mom's amazing cooking, sleep, etc. Christmas day was the best. We slept in and lazily started our day. We read the scriptures and watched the Luke 2 movie like we do every year. It's one of my favorite traditions. We opened presents, and had a wonderful, long conversation with my TWIN!!! He is doing so well and it was the best being able to hear his improvement in the language and spiritually as well. I'm so proud of him. That night, we played catch phrase for a couple of hours, which I think will be my new favorite game to play with my family. We found out my mom has catch phrase induced high blood pressure and my sister has catch phrase induced retardedness :)
I was really sad to leave California. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to real life. I'm having a heard time getting back into the groove of work and responsibility and not having my sisters and my mom to sit with me and watch my belly move and groove when Coombs Jr. starts partying in my stomach. I miss them.
Our new years was pretty lame, actually. We didn't do or plan anything. I was able to hang out with some of my friends, but eventually went home and watched The Town with Phill and his friend Jerry. Then we went to sleep.
2011 is going to be quite an eventful year. Our baby is due in April, and I absolutely can't wait to meet my little miracle. I will finally graduate from BYU-Idaho with my associates so I can move onto another school, unfortunately. Although I won't miss the winter weather in Idaho, I will definitely miss the people and the classes and the environment there. Maybe someday I'll get to go back.


You know, one thing that I have come to realize... is that life has no depth, excitement, real feeling, smiles, plans for the future or peace without love... Love for yourself, for others, and for the Lord. I have found that when love in my life has been lacking, happiness lacks as well.
I have lots of hope, predictions, and goals for this upcoming 2011 year. Bring it on.

0 comments: