BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 14, 2011

chocolate.

Yup. You guessed it. All I can think about is chocolate, ice cream and sweets. Why?! During the majority of my pregnancy I really haven't had much of a sweet tooth... in fact, I just wanted sandwiches, cereal, milk, cucumbers and cheese. But now.. not so much.
I must resist.
This week has been a really good one. I haven't worked really at all, which has been splendid. On Monday Phill and I went to my doctors appointment. I tried talking Dalisky into doing and ultrasound, but he refused my simple request. How rude.
After my appointment, Phill knew how much I was wanting to go to the snow and play in it, so he took me up in the cascades to play! It was a blast. We brought Oakley with us and she loved the snow. She would run as fast as she could, while trying to bite at and eat the snow. It was funny to watch. Unfortunately, the snow wasn't good packing snow, so we weren't able to build a snowman or anything. Instead, Phill let me drive the jeep, and we offroaded a bit.. slipping and sliding, and getting out to shoot our AK-47 and let Oakley run around in the snow.
But don't worry.. the fun doesn't end there. The Ducks were playing in the BCS game, so we went and joined Renae and Caleb at The Coombs' house. We enjoyed yummy junk food while watching the game. I was rooting for the ducks to win, but I'm glad they didn't. It meant I didn't have to work on Tuesday, so it gave me time to do homework and really focus on my studies.
So, that night.. around midnight we decide it's time to go home. hmmm.. Since we had such a good day, of course something had to go wrong. We go out to the jeep.. and uh-oh. Where are the keys? Good job, Alise.. you misplaced them! i spent a good 45 minutes searching the house and jeep and the outside for them.. and the WHOLE time they were in my coat pocket. Retard.
Then Phill goes.. oh no, Alise... I think they battery is dead. Yup. I had forgotten to turn off the lights on the jeep and had drained the battery dry. The batter is 6 years old.. so there was no recovering that baby. We then had to go find the key to my in-law's spare truck and drive home in that.... there was barely any gas in it, so we were hoping and praying we got home without it breaking down.
Sheesh.
What a day.
The next day, we bought a new battery, switched it out, and returned the truck. Phew. Now I'm paranoid about the lights, and check them every time I get out of the car.
Let's see.. Tuesday and Wednesday were just spent doing homework and being productive. Let me tell you... taking 14 credits online is NOT easy.. on top of a 4 credit math class at the community college here in Salem. I feel like my work load is never ending..
Thursday I went back to work..unfortunately.. it wasn't too bad, but it was a short shift. We'll see how I do Friday and Saturday. Can I just tell you how I'm excited to perhaps never work in retail again?
I'm excited for this weekend. We were invited over to my visting teaching companion's house for dinner on Sunday, and we are having my visiting teacher and her hubby over for dinner on Monday. Who would have thought that Phill and I would be social butterflies? Well, Phill.... Anyways, I can't even express how excited I am to make some Mormon friends. I miss it. I'm used to most of my friends being members.

I am officially in my third trimester now, and at 29 weeks. The next 11 weeks can't come soon enough. I sleep, eat and breathe for this baby! He's all I think about now- especially with him constantly moving and kicking my organs and ribs.. and now that I have been introduced to Braxton-Hicks contractions. Usually they don't bother me, but sometimes they are really, really uncomfortable.
Now that we have finally chosen a name for our little boy, I can't wait for him to pop out! I keep trying to imagine what it's going to be like being a mother... and I can't quite wrap my little brain around it. All I know is how much of a blessing it's going to be.. and a challenge. But I can't wait.

I want to run again. Today, phill and I ran for like 1 minute with Oakley while we were going up to Renae and Caleb's to borrow a movie... I thought my stomach was going to rip off. Ouchie. What does that mean? Are my ligaments not strong enough? In any case, I am excited to find a jogging stroller and enjoy one of the activites I love most with outside and my baby. ahhhh, bliss.
I've decided to not care about weight gain during this pregnancy. I'm gonna get swollen and bloated and bigger anyways... so might as well enjoy the journey with some yummy treats I wouldn't normally indulge in while I have an excuse. :)

I'm obsessed with the new Taylor Swift CD. It's fantastic.
My math teacher is the bomb.com- who knew that Alise could understand numbers?
I want sunshine.. or snow. No rain and clouds though.
We will miss Wendy's dog Woodrow. I hope he's running around pain-free in dog heaven now.
A prenatal massage would be nice.
The Town is an awesome movie.
So is Mexican.. I was surprisingly entertained.
I still love Sudoku.
My kitchen is clean, and I love it.



Ninja time.


1 comments:

Kristen Larson said...

So what was the name you decided on?