BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 14, 2011

First Mothers day

Alrighty, so let me tell you what... Mothers day is so much more fun and exciting when you are actually a mother. a mom. a ma. a mama. a madre... ME!
I love being a mom and thank God every day for blessing Phill and me with Isaac. He is such a good baby (other than when he doesn't sleep) and is so happy. I couldn't be more happy with him!
He is learning how to smile. That's my favorite part so far! If I kiss his face or make a knocking sound with my mouth or give him eskimo kisses, he laughs and does this cute squeak that I think is supposed to be a laugh. At least someone things I'm funny!
Also, I love when he poops. Maybe not the whole clean-up part... but it is honestly hilarious. Isaac is such a funny face maker and noise maker.. and he really gets into it when he's pushin'. I did take a video of it... and I'm thinking about posting it. We'll see.
Being a mom is hard work. It doesn't really make sense how a little tiny baby can take up your entire day. The day is over before I know it. I think that the hardest things for me are as follows:
1) Nursing. I'm just getting to the point where it doesn't feel like my boobs are being slowly and painfully ripped from my body. But Isaac is the slowest nurser on the face of this earth. I swear he can chug a bottle when I pump, but it takes him a good hour to be satisfied when I just nurse him. It's hard to sit in awkward, uncomfortable positions for that long-- especially at night when I'm exhausted and delirious. Also, I have the world's lowest milk supply... so I hate having to supplement with formula when he's not getting enough. I want to this natural, gosh dangit. Does anyone have any advice of how to build my pathetic supply?
2) The whole healing process. Psht. I got my wonderful father's lack of patience. I hate waiting to heal. I've already started doing p90x and running-- and it feels great! I am so ready to get my body back into shape. I thought that once I had Isaac I would feel way more normal than I did, but I still feel like a fat cow (and even more so now that I have to pump my milk out like a stinkin' cow).  I think the whole 'babyblues' doesn't help my self esteem when it comes to that. I keep having to tell myself that it's all relative, and that I'll get back to my normal self eventually. I just have to be patient and give it time and effort.
3) Crying. Don't get me wrong... it doesn't make me crazy when Isaac cries (he actually doesn't cry very often... usually when he's just hungry or he's gassy and his tummy probably hurts). I just hate when I can't figure out what he needs or wants.. or when I know that his tummy is probably hurting and i can't do anything about it. It was awful when he got circumcised. I would have to change his diaper and do the whole routine and he would be screaming because I know it was probably very, very sore. Poor baby. It breaks my heart when he cries.

Today, I went over to Renae's to watch her two kiddos. When she got back, she offered to watch Isaac for me for a while so that I could take a nap and rest. Ohhhh, it was so rejuvenating!  I swear I think that I could totally sleep for the next 100 hours, but just the 3 or 4 hours that I did sleep did wonders for me.
She sent me some cute pictures that I thought I would share:

Isaac enjoying a French Fry since mom wasn't there to feed him.

Our good friend Jenn keeping Isaac warm in her sweatshirt at the park.

I am so blessed to have made such good friends here in Salem. I love the Battlecreek ward.. there are so many fun and interesting people there and I always enjoy their company.

Well, i guess that's a wrap!
adios, amigos.


2 comments:

jenedypaige said...

So fun to read your adventures in mothering Alise. I just can't believe that my little cute friend is already a Mom! I wish I could give you pointers on milk supply, unfortunately I had the opposite problem... too much milk, and I was always squirting my child in the face, and making him cry as he tried to gulp down his meal without drowning. My mom would laugh, and I would just want to cry. It's so hard when you just can't make your body do what you want it too! Speaking of which, I totally know what it feels like to want your body back to normal... tomorrow. Be patient. It will happen. Especially when you relax and stop worrying about it so much. (I know... easier said than done.) Good luck little Mommma! I love you!

Anonymous said...

When Isaac's tummy is upset try "gripe water", oh my goodness it is heaven sent. Best stuff in the world. With milk supply pump after ever feeding no matter what for at least ten minutes on each side. It will get your milk supply up, but you also have to have a good attitude about expressing your milk for both nursing and pumping. You have to allow your body to relax and think of the wonderful nourishment your baby will be getting by doing this for him. There is also a book about low milk supply that will help give you ideas of why your supply is low and how to get it back up. It is nice to get out and go to the library it is a great source for knowledge.