BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Wedding Planning

Okay. So...
I have no idea what I am doing here! I figured it would be super easy to plan a wedding, but it really isn't. We find that we have different tastes in things and there is always the issue of what we'll be able to afford. My parents have been such a blessing. They are completely helping us with the CA reception and wedding. How lucky we are for them! (Thanks mama & fadre).
Although we don't have 100& similar taste, Phill and I have made some decisions with some things.. like the color scheme. We want royal blue and white. Like this:

I think this is a beautiful bouquet, and I'm thankful that my grandma will be able to make a silk one for me!
I'm thinking that the bridesmaids could have a similar bouquet, but with more blue, and white speckled in? Thoughts?
For the boutonnieres, Phill wants edelweiss in them. (For those who don't know what that is, it is a german flower. It has specific symbolism of love, I believe. He explained it to me, but I don't remember the exact story).
As for the Bridesmaids dresses... I'm having a pretty tough time finding modest, cute ones. I don't even know where to look! I don't really know where I can find cheaper ones.. The ones that are one ldsbrides are over $200!. No way, jose. Even though I'll only be having 3 bridesmaids (all my sisters- Anne Marie, Smelly and Jenny), 200 is still quite a lot.
Phill also wants a ring ceremony for our friends and family that cannot go through the temple with us. That would definitely be lovely for my dads side of the family that comes and my friends as well. Do most people do ring ceremonies? I haven't really been to many receptions, so I'm not quite sure how it works.
As for my DRESS- I absolutely love this dress.. It's simple, modest, classy and beautiful. I found that I can order it online.. but it would be made in China, and I'm very hesitant about ordering from offline... What if it turns out horrible and I can't get a refund or anything? I'm pretty stoked to have my mom come out and help me pick one within the next couple weeks. I miss her like crazy, and I really don't like planning this without her (well, we're doing it long-distance, but it's hard).
Cakes?





Anyways, Phill and I are so excited for our wedding (well, once the planning is done! :D)! I'm so thankful to have him in my life... He's my best friend, and I couldn't ask for anyone more amazing than he is. I love him and can't wait to call him my husband!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Alise, check J Crew online for bridesmaid dresses. I was just on there and saw the bridesmaid dresses from my niece's wedding on sale. And her color was royal blue too. http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~99838/99101601451/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+17~90~~~~~~~/99838.jsp
Not sure if the link will work, but it is in the sale category and is only $99.
Have your mom call me if you need more ideas - I have had a lot of nieces get married recently!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Honestly when looking for bridesmaid stuff look EVRYWHERE you never know what youll find at some of the randomest places. Good luck!!