BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Engagement.

Hey all! Welcome to our blog. We are mainly doing this to keep our family and friends updated with what is going on with the wedding!! And hopefully after as well :)


But yes, that's correct! Phill and I are officially engaged, and planning on being married in the Los Angeles, California temple on June 12th. We are very excited and looking forward to everything to come.

Our Engagement story...

     So, I actually ended up surprising him during the long MLK weekend. I have been planning with his parents for over a month now to surprise him for his Christmas present. I arrived on Friday and had a fun night with him and his family.

     On Saturday, Phill and I decided to go to the Oregon Coast. I've never been there, and living in California, I miss the beach and coast. It was rainy and stormy all day, but it was beautiful and really, really fun. The drive there and back reminded me of driving through Highbanks back in Ohio... On our adventure, Phill mentioned that he wanted to go look for mussels. I figured that he wanted to do that because I've never eaten one before (nor will I ever again). So, we went and got some mussels at a different part of the beach. We had dinner reservations at a really awesome restaurant called Panache in Newport, so we headed there after a little while. We got there with some time left on our hands, so we decided to go jog back down to the beach. We got SOAKED. We found crabs and some more mussels. The ones that he found there, he stuck in his pocket. We then went to dinner and enjoyed a really yummy meal. Throughout it, he kept mentioning that he wanted to open up one of the mussels I didn't want him to at ALL. I knew it was going to smell gross and I really didn't want to barf on the table. But somehow he convinced me into letting him pry one open. He pretended to use a knife to open it.. and the next thing I know, he's by my side, down on one knee asking me to marry him! He had put the ring inside the mussel!! The ring was his moms and it is beautiful.. it actually has a pearl in it, which I think is what gave him the mussel idea. Cute, huh? He's definitely a keeper!




3 comments:

Stephanie Perkins said...

Yay for you being engaged!! I am so excited for you and to hear all about your wedding plans!!! Love you!

Helen said...

Congrats you guys! Love your blog, so cute!

Unknown said...

Such a cute couple. We are excited for you. Love, Mama.