BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

'Toot'sie & Rolls

Pregnancy has really not done me very many favors. Maybe once I have a real baby bump and feel it moving all the time I will appreciate it and be more excited. Don't get me wrong.. I'm so excited for this munchkin to come meet the world.. but that's just it.. why can't pregnancy be a delightful, blissful experience where women look skinny and beautiful and they magically find awesome talents and sweat the sensual amber smell, and toot flowers?
My poor husband. I can't ever contain myself. literally no matter how hard I try. We'll be laying in bed just talking about how much we hate our jobs or how much we love each other, and..whoopsie. Was that me? Phill-Oh my gosh, Alise. REALLY?! Sorry, hunny. I hope this passes soon. I know, TMI. But seriously, everyone always talks about how wonderful pregnancy is... but I'm here just to give it to you how it is. You'll be a rootin tootin', peein your pants, chubster that wants to eat and sleep all the time. That's it. That's what your existence will become! At least in the first trimester. I heard the second trimester is the best one.. so now that the 2nd trimester is here... Bring it :D
I'm also always hot. Especially at night! I feel so bad cause I always kick the covers off and then Phill wakes up absolutely freezing while I enjoy bathing in the freezing cold air. It's nice because I used to always be cold no matter what, I would find myself getting the chills. But now, I overheat like it's my business and I can go outside when it's pouring rain, 40 degrees and windy and enjoy myself with a short sleeved shirt. I have to say.. I'm grateful for being mostly pregnant during the fall and winter.. I don't know how women do it during the summer. Yikes.
I do have to say that there is one amazing thing that has happened. I FELT THE BABY MOVE! Now, it's not big enough to kick yet, but I could feel it doing circles in my lower stomach. It was really exciting. I was at work when it happened, and I wanted to tell everyone I saw.. but I decided to wait and tell Phill and then my family. It was a great moment.
My foot is doing so much better. No more scab. Just scar. I was running around yesterday and my foot didn't hurt until the very end of the day.. I think that this means I'm going to try to go for a run today. I hope everything is okay, because I want to start running again before it just becomes a slow waddle.
Phill's getting sick, which I'm not okay with. His work doesn't really let people take sick days, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. So I hope he can get better soon.. or he'll be able to get time off to just relax and I can take care of him :)
We finally have internet in our condo, which is exciting. Now I don't have to steal Starbuck's or my in-laws. I will no longer have to drain a quarter tank of gas to do homework... or waste time writing on this blog.
Lately my hormones have been super funny. The weirdest things set me off. For example a couple weeks ago I was just paroozing through my itunes, and a Christmas song came on.. and I totally started crying and thought to myself.. ahh I LOVE Christmas! hahahahah.
The other day Phill and I went to Oktoberfest with our friends Tara and Jerry. It was so much fun. I loved people watching. I swear one day I'll go and wear one of those goofy outfits. We ate way too much food, but it was all so delicious! Phill got to brush up on his german, and we even drank german malts to get in the spirit beforehand. Most people go to get drunk, but we on the other hand go to eat. oh yes, oh yes. I did get one picture of all of us.. but will not be posting it due to the very bad quality of my face :)
Anyways, it was fun spending time with friends and even watch a dumb movie afterwards...
I think that's all I have for now.
I wish it was Christmas.



1 comments:

Samantha Hanny said...

The second trimester is the best!! Just hang in there! Enjoy eating food while your pregnant...it's the only time you're really allowed to indulge and not feel bad about it :) I'm glad your foot is doing better!